Garlic Applesauce Face Mask!



I know what you're thinking...garlic? Well yes GARLIC! I was roaming around my house 
today thinking of what mask to do... I didn't want to do an egg or honey mask bc those are usual masks that I do. Wanted to think out of the box. So I thought to myself 'what do I have that's full of goodness in my fridge?' my mind instantly traveled to garlic! Ive never heard of it as a topical treatment but I knew that it was wonderful for your insides. So I did some research and lo and behold there is such a thing! Garlic is great for your skin because Although garlic has a strong odor, it is very effective in removing acne. Garlic is a very good cleanser and has antibiotic properties.

While applesauce is wonderful for the skin because it is rich in nutrients. Apples have natural acids, pectin and tannin, which means that your skin will be more nourished, soft and moist after an applesauce facial
 
 
                                                        Ingredients you will need 
                                                       2 tbs of sugar free applesauce
 
 
                                1/2 -1 tbs of garlic (however garlicky you want it to be) CAUTION! 
                                      Don't use too much the first time, might irritate your skin.
                         1tbs of agave nectar (if you don't have agave use honey if you don't have 
                                   honey then shame on you!! Substitute Honey for sugar)
 
 
                      Oatmeal (I used the oats at the bottom of my oatmeal container bc the oats tend 
                                      to be fair and already ground) If anything you can just ground                                                  some reg oats with a blender or  better yet just use a fork. Way less of a mess.


  •  Step one) Wash your face with a mild soap
  •  Step two) after rinsing face go over it a few extra times with splashes of water as hot as you can stand.
  • Step three) Let face air dry just a little and then add mixture all over face
  • Step four) Let mask sit 6-10 minutes. If its starts burning really bad then rinse it off. Note that the mask will tingle a bit bc of the garlic, especially if you're having an outbreak
  • Step five) Rinse with warm water then rinse with cool water
  • Step six) While face is still wet massage in some light fragrance free moisturizer. I used cetaphils basic moisturizer
  • Step seven) Your face should still be really wet, you should then take an ice cube and rub it between hands to melt it a bit, then lightly and fastly rub it all over your skin. Avoid your eyes, but if you want to ice your eyes make sure to put the ice in something, like a little sandwich bag. You don't want the ice to break the skin on and under your eyes. I t is very delicate and in doing so you may end up with a few bursted blood spots. But the bad will definitely suffice. Ive done it many times

I hope you enjoy this face mask. I can definitely see it becoming one of my favorites. I am going to try it 2-3 times this week just to see how it affects my skin. Take care everyone! And remember to drink lots of water, that has the biggest effect of your skin!


BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

Comments

Popular Posts