How to lighten hair naturally

Okay so now that spring is coming light locks are in and what better way to lighten your hair than to do it naturally? So here is a hair mask I do to lighten my locks and it costs less than $2 (depending on what conditioner you use.)

Ingredients include
Cinnamon (most important ingredient)
Conditioner (use any of your choice but I chose to use Wen by Chaz Dean $32)
Wen Lavender Re-moist Intensive Hair Treatment $72
Wen Sweet almond mint Cleansing Conditioner $30
 I used a little bit of all 3 of these  and mixed them together.

Also you can add some type of oil (sesame, almond, olive, coconut....whatever oil) 
I used coconut oil $8   (I used less than a tbs)
Mix everything together add your cinnamon and then mix it in your hair

Afterwards put on a shower cap or a plastic bag and let it sit for a minimum of 6 hours.
I let my sit overnight- I think it was a total of 15 hours. The longer you let it sit the better results you'll see.

Here is a before picture December 7th 2013
And here is a picture of me after the lightening treatment December 17th 2013
Let me know how it works out for all of you!!





The more you do this mask the lighter your hair will become- Ive done this mask about 6 times!

Comments

  1. OMG!! I've been wanting to try Wen forever, but never did because the lady that does my hair said she doesn't like it. What's your opinion on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEN is GREAT! Ive only been using it this past week and I love it, the only problem is that it is a bit pricey. I definitely feel you should try it out, maybe you can find something of his at a marshalls or Ross! But fyi Ill be sending this in your Xmas/Bday box so just wait to buy it until you try it out. Sorry for ruining part of your surprise! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts