Restorative Seaweed facemask

Hi you guys! I recently visited my local LUSH shop- every time I go in their I end up spending WAY  too much $$$$$. Anyway this visit inspired me to create a seaweed face mask similar to Lush' "BB Seaweed" for a quarter of the price. (I did end up buying "Love Lettuce" - which I absolutely adore)
Anyway i have been really happy with my skin these past few weeks but I just wanted to add a dewy look to it because my birthday is coming up and I obv want to look like a princess. So this is definitely a restoraive mask. If your skin is tired and looking dull I promise you after removing the mask you're gonna wanna celebrate and show of your outer beauty. So here goes nothin!

You will need a blender!!
                                   




 The benefits of seaweed
  1. Seaweed is a natural anti-inflammatory agaent so it helps fight acne
  2. detoxifies toxins from skin
  3. rich in vitamin B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6 and B-12 
  4. hydration
  5. helps even out skin tone and complexion




Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup of plain/unsalted/dry seaweed
  • 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera gel (natural of in a bottle, I used both)
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1/4 cup of Almond Milk (you can use whatever milk you want)
  • hot purified water


Directions
  1. Put the seaweed in your blender
  2. add the aloe Vera and honey
  3. add almond milk
  4. and slowly add in enough water so that it is completely absorbed by seaweed
  5. then add a bit more water
  6. blend
  7. if the substance is not creamy enough to put on face add more water
  8. (I think I ended up adding like a cup)

                                    

After your mixture is ready let it sit for a minute bc it might be hot
wash your face with a mild cleanser
DO NOT dry with a towel! Pat the water into your face- when it is almost dry put the mixture on your face.

Warning bc of the aloe Vera gel it is going to be kind of hard to put on at first because it is so slimy. You are going to love the results!

                                                                  Before

                                    


                                                                  During
                                    
                                                                          After

                                      
I hope you guys enjoy this mask- make sure to moisturize before bed- I used a retinol Cream and LUSH' "Enzymion facial moisturizer"

Comments

Popular Posts